Thursday, January 31, 2008



Here is some more macro. The images are of a serenity prayer charm which was handed down from my grandfather to my father and then to me. The front is the praying hands and the back is the prayer. I'm not a religious man, but I love the prayer, and the charm is of great importance to me. I actually remembered to shoot my setup this time which has a stunt camera and lens which haphazardly has my strap in front of one of the bounce boards. The setup is the one used for the image with words. In the setup there are two Speedotron strobes with snoots directed at bounce cards on either side of the charm metered at F11.5. I then placed fill cards on the top and bottom to highlight all edges of the lettering. Both images were shot with D200, 60 mm Macro at 1:1, Iso 100 with Speedotron strobes. The image with words was shot at F11@1/250. The praying hands was shot at F16.5@1/250 with left bounce board metering F22 and fill on bottom right to accentuate the hands.

No comments: